Ion Storage Systems ION is seeking a self-starting, passionate, and detail-oriented Technical Program Manager to track technical progress and maintain written and visual status updates for internal and external distribution. In this role, the TPM will attend technical meetings and follow up with ION's scientists and engineers as needed in order to deeply understand technical activities, objectives, and progress. Weekly status updates will be provided to leadership and used to generate reports for research projects. The ideal candidate is highly technical, familiar with technology development, and a strong writer with both written and visual technical reporting experience.
- Maintain up-to-date reports on technical activities based on attendance at R&D-led or Engineering-led technical update meetings
- Generate a weekly digest of technical reports for leadership
- Track reporting obligations under company contracts
- Generate and submit written program reports for externally funded research projects
- Generate visual program reports for externally funded research projects or investor updates
- Occasionally present visual program reports for externally funded research projects
- Strong technical background, particularly in chemistry, solid state chemistry, and electrochemistry
- Demonstrated technical writing capability
- Ability to communicate complex technical matters to a broad audience
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand large amounts of information
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with technical teams and follow up as needed to understand the teams' activities fully
- BS., M.S., or Ph.D. in science or engineering
- 1+ years of laboratory R&D or engineering experience
- 4+ years of technical reporting experience - inclusive of technical reporting in an R&D capacity
- 1+ years of laboratory experience in fabricating and testing electrochemical cells is desirable
- 1+ years experience reporting technical information to executives
- Demonstrated ability to responsibly handle proprietary and confidential information
- Experience creating technical presentations
- Experience presenting technical information to audiences of varying technical knowledge
- COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting.
- This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Immediate medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance eligibility.
- Stock Options in an early-stage company
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off and Paid Company Holidays
ION is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
ION, located in Beltsville, MD, is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life on a global scale. Our technology improves product performance and safety in a variety of applications including defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation, and renewable energy storage. Our team is made up of innovative, driven & creative individuals who are passionate about their work. ION offers an inclusive environment, and growth opportunities and encourages work/life balance.