Maintenance Technician I/II/III
Are you looking to join a rapidly growing team where you can have a big impact and leave your mark? The Maintenance Technician I/II/III will be responsible for keeping the facility in operation and repairing any problems to alleviate significant downtime. Tasks will include performing a wide range of repair tasks throughout the facility and occasionally participate in material processing. Examples of material processing include powder, roll-to-roll coating, and sintering. The Maintenance Technician I/II/III will work closely with other technicians, engineers, and scientists as part of a fast-moving, cross-functional team.
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm systems fire, protection and schedule repairs when needed
- Perform manual repairs when necessary fix locks, replace windows etc.
- Conduct general preventative maintenance of all assets to ensure decreased down time
- Occasionally operate process equipment to a production schedule for the manufacture next-generation battery materials. Processes that maybe completed are operation of mixing equipment, roll-to-roll machinery, and furnaces.
- Performing all work in adherence to company environmental, health and safety guidelines and maintaining cleanliness of work areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional CMRP is desired
- Required: minimum 2 years of experience as a maintenance technician
- Preferred: 2 or more years as a maintenance technician in pharmaceutical, defense, or battery industries
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with the company paying more than 75% of the premiums.
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability, and group life insurance
- Generous stock options in an early-stage company
- Company and floating holidays
- 401k plan with company match
- 3 weeks of PTO
- COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift to 45 pounds.
- Ability to work around magnets occasionally.
- This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Chemical Laboratory
- Pilot-Scale Manufacturing Environments
ION is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
ION, located in Beltsville, MD, is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life on a global scale. Our technology improves product performance and safety in a variety of applications including defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation, and renewable energy storage. Our team is made up of innovative, driven & creative individuals who are passionate about their work. ION offers an inclusive environment, and growth opportunities and encourages work/life balance.