ION Storage Systems is seeking a motivated Data and Analytics Engineer to work intimately with our R&D, Engineering, and Operations teams to develop the first generation of ION's state-of-the-art solid-state battery technology. The Data and Analytics Engineer will support other teams through the selection and implementation of state-of-the-art digital software solutions. This is a rare opportunity to create and establish new systems at a young company with minimal legacy systems to support. Your diverse background in manufacturing will provide a broad toolkit with which to be successful. Be prepared to hit the ground running immediately, implementing your vision while reporting on progress. You will be expected to juggle competing priorities from different stakeholders while making key decisions on which projects are most important.
- Select and Implement IT and other software solutions for manufacturing and R&D process data
- Manage projects to implement digital manufacturing solutions
- Work directly with stakeholders to define project scopes for new systems or features.
- Coach other team members on how to leverage ION's manufacturing data to identify trends, investigate problems, and/or make data-driven decisions.
- Establish effective data management techniques, data architectures, and standards.
- B.S. in Engineering or related field
- 2+ years experience as a Process or Manufacturing Engineer or another similar role directly interfacing with and analyzing data from manufacturing operations.
- Experience creating database architectures, preferably in SQL.
- Expert in compiling data via database queries and familiar with industry best practices to do so.
- Experience with some or all of the following: SQL, HTML, CSS, node.js, python, data visualization/reporting i.e. Power BI/Tableau tools, Modbus, and other common factory communication protocols.
- Experience with basic financial and operational requirements for ERP/MRP
- Familiar with a variety of digital software solutions and can speak to their respective advantages or disadvantages.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage other engineers and/or contractors as needed to complete projects.
- Experience implementing ERP/MRP/MES systems in a manufacturing environment
- Experience integrating different manufacturing systems i.e. ERP/MRP/MES with data from PLCs on manufacturing lines or data from a LIMS system including security architecture.
- Experience at a variety of companies of different sizes with different analytical challenges. Prior experience supporting R&D data in addition to standard manufacturing data is a plus.
- Experience with cell and/or battery manufacturing.
- Strong programming skills with an ability to learn and innovate quickly.
- Knowledgeable in Factory IT/OT security
- Experience with API integration
- Experience with Arbin, Maccor, Neware PEC data file format will be considered a PLUS
- Experience complying with US Government security standards such as CMMC 2.0, etc.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting.
- This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Flexibility to Work from Home
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with the company paying more than 75% of the premiums.
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability, and group life insurance
- Generous stock options in an early-stage company
- Company and floating holidays
- 401k plan with company match
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Quarterly Wellness Incentive
ION is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
ION, located in Beltsville, MD, is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life on a global scale. Our technology improves product performance and safety in a variety of applications including defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation, and renewable energy storage. Our team is made up of innovative, driven & creative individuals who are passionate about their work. ION offers an inclusive environment, growth opportunities and encourages work/life balance.