Senior Process Engineer
Do you enjoy the challenge of building a manufacturing organization? Are you looking to drive vision and strategy with considerable influence on the outcome? Are you looking to accelerate your career with a rapidly growing company? If so, we're excited to talk to you.
The Sr Process Engineer will lead internal manufacturing efforts for the first and future generations of state-of-the-art solid-state batteries. Initially, your responsibilities will include improving manufacturing process controls, enhancing SOPs, leading Root Cause Analysis, and growing our data analysis capabilities. You will lead continuous improvement activities across current and future manufacturing processes. Leverage your experience to lead and mentor other engineers and technicians. Help develop manufacturing roadmaps, hiring plans for manufacturing technicians/associates, and process development tasks. This will be in the support of building out ION's pilot and production manufacturing lines at our brand new facility. The applicant should have good communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Be comfortable working proactively and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead efforts to improve the ceramic electrolyte manufacturing process and enhance SOPs accordingly. Review and approve change orders.
- Lead MRB review of non-conforming materials and drive Root Cause Analysis when necessary.
- Demonstrate an ability to execute and follow through on tasks and action items.
- Lead internal efforts to monitor our manufacturing processes and controls by leveraging and improving upon ION's process data.
- Mentor other engineers and technicians.
- Develop roadmaps for sustained growth and translate that vision into actionable tasks.
- Lead by Example while introducing new Safety and Lean initiatives.
- Travel: 10% Expected. Ability to occasionally travel both domestically and internationally.
- BS in Engineering or other STEM degrees. Chemical Engineering or similar is preferred.
- 5+ Years of Industrial Manufacturing Experience with sharp attention to detail. A background in process engineering is preferred.
- Prior experience scaling up new manufacturing processes and teams from lab/pilot to production scale.
- Strong data analysis skills and proficiency in quality tools utilized in new product development and manufacturing systems including statistical process control.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Leadership experience managing and/or leading other engineers.
- Prior experience directing rapidly growing teams in a young organization.
- General knowledge of lithium-ion, solid-state lithium metal, or other battery cell manufacturing.
- 2+ Years of experience with bulk chemical processing, ceramics, and/or glass processing is helpful.
- Skills: Minitab/JMP or equivalent, SQL, python flask, and Html. Ladder Logic/PLC experience is also useful.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting.
- This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with the company paying more than 75% of the premiums.
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability, and group life insurance
- Generous stock options in an early-stage company
- Company and floating holidays
- 401k plan with company match
- 3 weeks of PTO
ION is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
ION, located in Beltsville, MD, is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life on a global scale. Our technology improves product performance and safety in a variety of applications including defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation, and renewable energy storage. Our team is made up of innovative, driven & creative individuals who are passionate about their work. ION offers an inclusive environment, growth opportunities and encourages work/life balance.