Ion Storage Systems has created a new battery that is safer, lighter, and better performing. We are currently ramping up towards production and commercialization of the technology. We are backed by leading VCs, including Alsop Louie Partners, VoLo Earth Ventures, and Toyota Ventures, and recently closed an oversubscribed Series A.
At Ion Storage Systems Inc., we merge diversity, passion, and collaboration to fuel our innovation. Rooted in groundbreaking discoveries, our team's unity and creativity drive us forward. We value open communication, champion work/life balance, and are not just in pursuit of success but significance. Together, we're shaping the future of energy.
ION is seeking a full-time Senior Accountant to support the company's growth. This role will be focused on finance and accounting operations with an eye on process improvement and building out internal controls. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, comfortable with transforming and evolving internal accounting processes along a path to fully audited financials.
Location: Beltsville, MD Hybrid working model balancing in-office and remote work
Reports to: Controller
- Financial Operations & Reporting: Complete the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Internal Controls: Develop, implement, and maintain robust internal controls to ensure the accuracy of financial data and the protection of company assets.
- Tax and Regulatory Compliance: Work with external tax advisors to ensure compliance. Understand and maintain DCAA requirements and accounting standards within the GAAP framework.
- Audit: Lead the process of achieving fully audited financials. Create or improve current procedure documents and internal controls. Coordinate audit program internally and eventually with external auditors.
- Process Improvement: Regularly review accounting and financial processes for optimization opportunities; introduce automation and software solutions where beneficial.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. A CPA certification is an advantage. Experience may be substituted in place of a bachelor's degree.
- Experience: 5-7 years of pertinent accounting experience with growth or evolving companies. Startup and manufacturing company experience are most relevant.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in QuickBooks Online, familiarity with integrated systems, and knowledge of ERP systems are a plus.
- Organizational Skills: Demonstrated capability to organize and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication: Aptitude for proactive communication, ensuring concerns are voiced and addressed promptly.
- Adaptive Nature: Expect to grow, adapt, and occasionally step out of your comfort zone. We value resilience and the capacity to embrace change.
- Problem Solving: Naturally curious, you should be comfortable seeking answers, posing questions, and crafting solutions in a dynamic setting.
- Proactive Nature: Consistent bias for action, foreseeing and addressing potential challenges before they escalate.
Teamwork: A proven track record of fostering collaboration and enhancing efficiency among cross-functional teams.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer the following company benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options in an early-stage company
- Company and floating holidays
- 17 days of PTO to start, with an increase upon tenure
- 401k plan with a 4% company match beginning after the first paycheck
- Wellness allowance of $1k annually
Ion Storage Systems Inc., located in Beltsville, MD, is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life globally. Our technology improves product performance and safety in various applications, including defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation, and renewable energy storage. Our team comprises innovative, driven and creative individuals passionate about their work. The company offers an inclusive environment, growth opportunities, and encourages work/life balance.
To all recruitment agencies: Ion Storage Systems, Inc. will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs email, Ion Storage Systems employees, or any other company email address. Ion Storage Systems is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Ion Storage Systems, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
*Eligibility to work in the United States is required before starting.