ION is seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to fill a position within the Quality Control Lab. The Quality Control Lab Technician will provide fast analytical diagnostics on ceramic production, incoming production materials, and powder process analysis. In addition, this individual will maintain documentation, adhere to proper lab procedures, and communicate across multiple departments. The applicant should have good communication and interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Excellent attention to detail and accurate record keeping are essential.
Pay Rate: $20/hr-24/hr
- Immediate eligibility for Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, with the company paying more than 75% of the premiums.
- Stock Options in an early-stage company
- Company and Floating Holidays
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Flexibility for remote work
- Competitive Salary
- Manage incoming Quality Control samples, ensuring safe handling and proper storage as well as appropriate sample turnaround.
- Follow SOPs to conduct analysis of samples using techniques including, but not limited to surface profiling, BET, XRD, PSD and SEM.
- Compile data and interpret the results using standard procedures to determine compliance with specifications.
- Flag raw materials if properties do not meet pre-determined specifications.
- Flag finished products if properties do not meet pre-determined specifications and/or quality standards.
- Update the internal database with QC Data and track completion of various required tasks.
- Organization and storage of test samples.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance and calibration of lab equipment as necessary.
- Work with external application scientists to maintain lab equipment operation.
- Report inconsistencies, malfunctions, and/or variations.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate with other departments for scheduling, testing, and equipment usage.
- Identify and suggest improvements to existing methods and procedures, and update documentation as necessary.
- Assist and document development of new QC methods and procedures.
- Work independently under general supervision and direction.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
- Associates degree in Science/Engineering required.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a laboratory setting, specifically working with chemicals, and operation of analytical equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize and take initiative.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, reliable, and prioritize workload.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to function independently and efficiently under the guidance of management.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree a plus.
- Chemical knowledge helpful.
- Prior experience with analytical techniques including XRD, ICP, BET, SEM, and PSD a plus.
Special Working Conditions
- COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting
ION is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
ION, located in Beltsville, MD near Washington D.C., is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life on a global scale. Our technology improves product performance and safety in a variety of applications including defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation, and renewable energy storage. Our team is made up of innovative, creative and driven individuals who are passionate about their work. ION offers an inclusive environment, growth opportunities and encourages work/life balance. Action Employer. All qualified applicants will