Mechanical Test Engineer
ION Storage Systems is seeking a highly motivated engineer to design, develop, and implement test methods and statistical validation of solid-state battery cell components and cell assembly manufacturing processes.
- Lead the engineering validation efforts for solid-state cell development.
- Identify and procure test equipment.
- Create test fixtures and data acquisition systems.
- Define and manage test SOPs.
- Oversee assembly and validation of test fixtures and test setups.
- Support cell engineering in test data analysis and reporting.
- Leads and/or supports failure and analysis activities.
- Coordinate and manage third-party test labs.
- Identify and implement process changes that make testing more efficient and/or robust.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science Engineering.
- 2-4 years of experience measuring and testing materials, components, and manufacturing processes for electrochemical cells, batteries, or electronic devices.
- Experience developing measurement systems from concept through implementation.
- Experience with tactile and non-contact/vision-based measurement methods.
- Experience creating and executing test plans.
- Experience using statistical methods.
- Experience with SPC, DOE, and Lean Six Sigma statistical methods.
- Familiarity with GD&T.
- Familiar with MIL-STD-810 and other common test standards.
- Experience managing DVP&Rs.
COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Flexibility to Work from Home
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with the company paying more than 75% of the premiums.
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability, and group life insurance
- Generous stock options in an early-stage company
- Company and floating holidays
- 401k plan with company match
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Quarterly Wellness Incentive
ION is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
ION, located in Beltsville, MD, is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life on a global scale. Our technology improves product performance and safety in a variety of applications including defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation, and renewable energy storage. Our team is made up of innovative, driven & creative individuals who are passionate about their work. ION offers an inclusive environment, growth opportunities and encourages work/life balance.