Manufacturing Technician I/II/III
Are you looking to join a rapidly growing team where you can have a big impact and leave your mark? The Manufacturing Technician I/II/III will fabricate solid-state battery materials on prototype and pilot-scale production lines. Tasks will include hands-on materials processing, data collection, and inventory management. Examples of material processing include powder, roll-to-roll coating, and sintering. The Manufacturing Technician I/II/III will work closely with other engineers and scientists as part of a fast-moving, cross-functional team.
- Operating process equipment to a production schedule for the manufacture next-generation battery materials. Processes that maybe completed are operation of mixing equipment, roll-to-roll machinery, and furnaces.
- Performing basic laboratory duties such as weighing chemicals, mixing chemicals, and general lab upkeep.
- Performing various tasks for processing and fabricating materials according to SOPs, Work Instructions, or Engineering Test Plans.
- Working independently under general supervision and direction from a supervisor, scientists, and/or engineers.
- Data collection and entry to the Production Database and/or Excel files.
- Proactively reporting inconsistencies, malfunctions, and/or variations in equipment while operating in accordance with Ion's Control Plan.
- Providing essential feedback on how to improve ISS methods and procedures as we work to build a state-of-the-art manufacturing process
- Performing all work in adherence to company environmental, health and safety guidelines and maintaining cleanliness of work areas.
- High school diploma or GED required with a minimum of two years of experience operating manufacturing equipment
- Ability to maintain a consistent in-person daily schedule operating equipment. There is currently only one shift and standard workdays are Monday through Friday.
- Flexibility to infrequently work overtime as needed. This may occasionally include weekends.
- Required: 2 years of experience with use of automated or semi-automated equipment
- Preferred: 2 or more years manufacturing battery cells, ceramics, laboratory chemical processing, and/or using ovens to process manufacturing parts
- Preferred: 2 or more years of inventory management and organizational experience in Kanban systems, FIFO, and/or 5S.
- Preferred: 5 or more years of industrial manufacturing experience including handling chemicals.
- Comfortable with daily use of MS Teams, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Reliable and self-motivated.
- Ability to independently operate industrial machinery in a safe manner after proper training.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with the company paying more than 75% of the premiums.
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability, and group life insurance
- Generous stock options in an early-stage company
- Company and floating holidays
- 401k plan with company match
- 17 days of PTO to start
- COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting.
- Ability to climb stairs and occasionally lift to 45 pounds.
- Ability to work around magnets occasionally.
- This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Chemical Laboratory
- Pilot-Scale Manufacturing Environments
ION is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
ION, located in Beltsville, MD, is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life on a global scale. Our technology improves product performance and safety in a variety of applications including defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation, and renewable energy storage. Our team is made up of innovative, driven & creative individuals who are passionate about their work. ION offers an inclusive environment, and growth opportunities and encourages work/life balance.