Human Resources Manager
Ion Storage Systems, Inc. is looking to add a full-time Human Resources Manager to our team in Beltsville MD. This newly created position is our first internal HR hire and reports to the Chief Financial Officer. This leadership role will help lead, develop, organize, and improve ION's human capital strategies and policies. We have experienced tremendous growth in the past 12 months, we doubled our headcount in 2021, and are poised to double again in 2022. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about joining an early-stage venture backed manufacturing startup.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer the following company benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with the company paying more than 75% of the premiums.
- Best in class 401k plan with company match
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, and group life insurance
- Generous stock options in an early-stage company
- Hybrid work model - Regular remote work is fine, but this role also needs to have a presence on-site - meeting and interacting with our team
- 10 Company and floating holidays
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Administer, maintain, and optimize HR programs including, but not limited to: new hire onboarding, separations, compensation, performance management, compliance, and employee engagement
- Lead full cycle recruiting efforts for all personnel; manage external recruiting resources; partner across the organization to understand resource needs; continuously scale function to meet growth goals
- Develop, manage, and implement corporate training programs
- Maintain employee benefits plans; manage the relationship with benefits broker; lead open enrollment activities; review and recommend changes to benefits offerings
- Serve as the main point of contact for HR escalations, resolutions, and reporting
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures
- Solicit employee feedback to ensure that the voices of our employees are being heard as we grow
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducts investigations, and maintains records throughout human resource management
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of human resources experience in a startup/manufacturing environment
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, and PHR highly desired
- Deep commitment to building a positive work culture that encourages feedback and accountability at all levels
- Strong relationship building, communication, and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to lead with confidentiality, trust, compliance, and empathy
- Strategic vision to recognize future company needs and put plans in place to proactively address them
- High degree of integrity including the ability to successfully handle sensitive or confidential information
- Experience implementing HR systems - Payroll, HRIS, ATS
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws, regulations, and best practices
Special Working Conditions:
- Verification of full COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting
Ion Storage Systems, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Ion Storage Systems Inc., located in Beltsville, MD, is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life on a global scale. Our technology improves product performance and safety in a variety of applications including, defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation, and renewable energy storage. Our team is made up of innovative, driven & creative individuals who are passionate about their work. The company offers an inclusive environment, growth opportunities and encourages work/life balance.