Ion Storage Systems, Inc. is seeking to hire an experienced full-time Facilities Manager to oversee all building-related activities at our Beltsville, MD headquarters as we commercialize our next-generation solid-state lithium metal battery and bring it to market. This position will report to the Vice President of Operations. You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning, as well as maintaining current laboratory/manufacturing equipment and helping manage building improvement projects as new equipment is purchased. Additionally, you will assist in the search and selection of future expansion facilities and upgrades as we continue to grow.
- Plan and coordinate all infrastructure installations telecommunications, HVAC, electricity etc. and refurbishments
- Inspect buildings' structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all staff facilities staff custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc. and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Coordinate any repair or upgrade projects with facility landlord.
- Lead easy to medium complexity maintenance projects. Examples include troubleshooting equipment issues and preventative maintenance.
- Leading facilities projects in support of company growth. Examples could include completing high CAPEX facilities projects or supporting manufacturing equipment installation i.e. utilities, exhaust, etc.
- Establishing a Preventative Maintenance system and Spare Parts inventory that is capable of growing with the company into pilot scale manufacturing.
- Cross Functional work in support of facility expansion, research & development equipment, and manufacturing operations.
- Experience identifying, selecting, and managing external contractors.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision.
- General expertise with industrial electrical, mechanical, and HVAC systems typical of laboratory and light industrial facilities.
- Experience managing multiple contractors and stakeholders to achieve project goals and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with maintenance best practices in an industrial or manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve common equipment problems.
- Project Management experience as relevant to industrial facilities projects.
- Experience compiling and following strict budgets and project schedules
- B.S. in an Engineering/STEM field or 5+ years equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience managing facilities & equipment including improvement and installation projects.
- Experience maintaining and fixing laboratory, manufacturing, and/or other industrial equipment
- Familiarity industrial controls such as PLCs, etc.
- Experience working in a chemical processing facility and appropriate PPE.
- Experience Negotiating bids and contracts for third party workers
- COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting.
- This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Immediate eligibility for Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock Options in an early-stage company
- 401k plan with company match
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off and Paid Company Holidays
- Flexibility to work remotely
ION is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
ION, located in Beltsville, MD, is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life on a global scale. Our technology improves product performance and safety in a variety of applications including defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation, and renewable energy storage. Our team is made up of innovative, driven & creative individuals who are passionate about their work. ION offers an inclusive environment, growth opportunities and encourages work/life balance.