Ion Storage Systems, Inc. is looking to add a full-time Equipment Engineer to our team in Beltsville, MD. This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineer. If you're interested in designing, developing, and maintaining equipment for a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility for producing cutting-edge solid-state battery technology, we are excited to talk with you.
The Equipment Engineer will bridge the gap between the internal development teams and external equipment suppliers, assisting with equipment trials to determine vendor capabilities and establishing requirements, equipment specifications, and design parameters. In addition, the equipment engineer will lead all communications with equipment suppliers throughout the design, fabrication, and commissioning stages, including scheduling, design review, and performance and acceptance testing. This role demands a detail-oriented person capable of working closely with different teams to ensure the success of the project and technology.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer the following company benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, with the company paying more than 75% of the premiums
- Stock options in an early-stage company
- Hybrid work model
- Company and floating holidays
- 3 weeks of PTO to start
- 401k plan with a 4% company match
- Wellness allowance of $1k annually
- Collaborating with R&D and manufacturing teams to define product and process requirements, design parameters, and equipment specifications
- Managing external trials and obtaining quotes to assess vendor/equipment capabilities and identify the ideal unit
- Overseeing the design and manufacturing of the equipment, devices, and systems while managing the budget and schedule
- Determining facility requirements and collaborating with the operations team to prepare equipment installation
- Leading design review, performance validation, acceptance testing, and transfer to production process
- Developing operating instruction, training documents, and preventive maintenance plans and procedures in addition to supporting the production team during maintenance or downtime
- Bachelor or master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing
- Experience with capital CAPEX projects and project management
- Experience with automated equipment design, installation, de-bug, and ramp-up
- Understanding of mechanical & electrical drawings/design
- Experience preparing RFQs and soliciting proposals from equipment manufacturers
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 2+ years experience with scale-up process from lab or pilot equipment to high volume production equipment
- Experience with one or more of the following processes: roll-to-roll machinery, high-temperature furnaces, assembly of small devices, and/or high-volume automated assembly
- Experience with high throughput equipment design and validation
- Familiar with Solidworks or other 3D modeling software
- 2+ Years experience with lithium-ion or other battery cells automated assembly equipment.
- Familiarity with GD&T.
- Flexibility to Work from Home
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Employer paid short-term/long-term disability and group life insurance
- Generous stock options in an early-stage company
- Company and floating holidays
- 401k plan with company match
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Quarterly Wellness Incentive
- COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting.
- This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
ION is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.