ION is seeking an experienced Analytical Chemist to join our QC team, to enable the next generation of safe, high-energy batteries. The Analytical Chemist will lead elemental characterization, responsible for developing, validating, and executing analytical methods for the analysis of supplier materials and ION's ceramic production. The Analytical Chemist will also provide expertise in improving and maintaining infrastructure and instruments and supporting ION in ongoing analytical chemistry needs. The position reports to the QC Lab manager and will collaborate across Engineering, R&D, and Supply Chain to ensure high production quality and validation of external suppliers.
- Immediate eligibility for Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance, with the company paying more than 75% of the premiums.
- Stock Options in an early-stage company
- Company and Floating Holidays
- 3 Weeks PTO
- 401k Program with a 4% company match
- Competitive Salary
- Method development and verification of ICP-OES measurements, for multiple methods
- Ownership of method SOPs for elemental analysis, including development, approval, version control, and oversight of the execution of SOPs
- Provide expertise and support for other QC Lab testing, in powder and materials characterization
- Ensure the reliability and operation of ICP and related equipment, overseeing maintenance, calibration, and any required troubleshooting
- Effectively manage incoming analysis requests, through tracking, analyzing, and practicing safe handling/storage procedures
- Maintaining and promoting a safe laboratory environment, notably for chemical digestion of samples
- Proven knowledge and experience in ICP-OES method development and operation
- Experience in the analytical instrument setup and maintenance, and sample and instrument management
- Excitement to work both independently and as part of a team, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a passion for quality, excellent attention to detail, and accurate record keeping.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as an analytical chemist
- Experience in ICP method development and operation
- Master's degree in Chemistry or related field
- 5+ years of experience as an analytical chemist in an industrial environment
- Prior experience with analytical techniques for powder and materials quality
- Knowledge of ISO or other quality programs
Special Working Conditions:
- COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to starting
ION is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
ION, located in Beltsville, MD near Washington D.C., is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life globally. Our technology improves product performance and safety in various applications, including defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation, and renewable energy storage. Our team is made up of innovative, creative, and driven individuals who are passionate about their work. ION offers an inclusive environment, and growth opportunities and encourages work/life balance.